Re: [tor-talk] Tor IM Bundle

Thank you very much for this info about wiping the drive. I will do that.

For reference about deleting the logs so I can know this for my other computers as well, if I just delete the entire Tor IM Browser Bundle folder, will this delete all the Pidgin Chat logs and web history from the Tor Browser?

Or is there some extra step I need to take to delete all of these Pidgin chat logs and web history?

Thank you for your expertise. There are many intelligent people on this list, I appreciate your knowledge.

On Thu, Apr 7, 2011 at 10:13 PM, Moritz Bartl <moritz@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
On 07.04.2011 23:17, michael jefferson wrote:
> I would like to give my computer away to someone who doesn't have a
> computer and if I could delete these pidgin chat logs first that would
> be great.

You have to "wipe" your drive, which means to overwrite it completely.
Do not give away any hard drive without wiping it first. Deleted files
can easily be restored (deletion only removes the pointer to a file, not
the file itself).

--
Moritz Bartl
https://www.torservers.net/