Re: [tor-talk] Vidalia no longer portable / --datadir option not working

I'm not sure about Windows,

But this seems to work for me in Linux:

vidalia --datadir <datadir>

Before you run this, put the files torrc, vidalia.conf, geoip into <datadir>

torrc:

AvoidDiskWrites 1
Log notice stdout
SocksPort 9050
SocksListenAddress 127.0.0.1
ControlPort 9051
DataDirectory <datadir>
GeoIPFile <datadir>/geoip

vidalia.conf:

[General]
InterfaceStyle=Cleanlooks
LanguageCode=en
ShowMainWindowAtStart=false

[Tor]
ControlPort=9051
TorExecutable=<path to tor>
Torrc=<datadir>/torrc
DataDirectory=<datadir>

geoip:

(Get this from the directory Data/Tor in the Tor Browser Bundle.)

You can do this for other <datadir>s with different Control and Socks
ports, so that you can run multiple instances (different identities).