Re: [tor-talk] NPA to urge Internet providers to block users of hijacking software [Tor]

On Sun, Apr 21, 2013 at 05:33:00PM -0500, bgw wrote:
> via:
>  http://mainichi.jp/english/english/newsselect/news/20130418p2a00m0na013000c.html
>
> "The National Police Agency (NPA) is poised to urge Internet service
> providers to voluntarily block communications if an anonymous software
> system called "Tor" -- short for "The onion router" -- is found abused
> online.

It seems they are blurring the line between recommending that websites
refuse to answer connections from the Tor network, vs recommending that
ISPs prevent their users from reaching the Tor network.

I wonder if that blur is intentional, or if somebody in the reporting
chain is confused, or what.

--Roger