Re: [tor-talk] Tor's reputation problem with pedo, some easy steps the community could take

Part of the problem is that Tor is really inconvenient to use. The only
people who hang out on Tor are criminals because generally, it's only worth
the trouble if you are a criminal.

Bitcoin faced the same problem. Bitcoin was used primarily by criminals
until it became more interesting for other things. If there were more
onions on tor non-crime related that were interesting in ways that
clear-web sites are not interesting, Tor may be able to overcome it's
reputation. It will also be an easier transition if using Tor is made to be
as convenient as using the normal internet.