Re: [tor-talk] strange behavior of Tor Browser on Windows 8.1

On 4/9/2014 11:21 AM, s7r@xxxxxxxxxx wrote:

Hi,

I have upgraded to latest Tor Browser Bundle version: 3.5.4 - Windows
32 bit.
My operating system is Windows 8.1 Pro Enterprise, 64 bit.

The odd things i have noticed (which didn't happen in previous
versions) are:

1. Some kind of cookie / session handling issue, i cannot login to
mail.aol.com , after entering credentials I get this error:
Authentication Problem
Uh-oh! Your sign-in got derailed. We’re on it—sorry for the delay.
Click here to try again.

If you use a bookmark to get to AOL Mail, update it to
http://mail.aol.com .

Browser security settings sometimes disrupt sign-in. In Internet
Explorer, try selecting “Enable Protected Mode” in both the Internet
zone and Trusted sites zone . On Firefox, try using Safe Mode .

You also might try deleting your browser history. Find this in the
“Tools” menu — and make sure to clear (delete) cookies!
Is AOL the only site w/ a problem? I have no problem allowing cookies & logging into sites (but don't use Win 8). If you don't like the idea of allowing cookies globally (who does?), you'll have to turn cookies on / off a lot, or use a cookie manager.
Then addons have potential risk of compromising anonymity.

2. Windows doesn't see the portable
firefox within the Tor Browser Bundle as a portable app
Not "Windows", but CCleaner? (but see below)
, i close my regular firefox
but CCleaner when I run CLEAN states that firefox is opened and needs
to close in order for it to clean the cookies and cache stuff.
That's the way CCleaner has always acted for me w/ TorBrowser. It shouldn't care if the open Fx is portable or installed, only that it can't clean it properly as long as it's open.