Re: [tor-talk] tbb (disable network is set)

On 04/03/2017 09:13 AM, 0xdog wrote:
> Hello.
> I don't know if this is the correct mailing list to post this
> question, so in that case my apologies in advance.
>
> Last year I was using TBB (on windows server 2003 32bits PC) for a
> while and it was working perfect, suddenly it stopped working and the
> logs said "DisableNetwork is set. Tor will not make or accept
> non-control network connections. Shutting down all existing
> connections...". At that time I just stopped using TBB and I checked
> TBB frequently, one day, suddenly again, apparently with no change on
> my computer or my network it started working again for a while but
> right now I have the same problem as before, it stopped working again
> and the logs said "DisableNetwork is set. Tor will not make or
> accept...".
>
> Now I have a strong decision to find where is the problem:

Tor browser may do this if your uplink gets interrupted at a particular
stage in getting the network consensus. I believe that it's a defense
against attempts to force use of malicious relays. The simplest fix is
to delete and reinstall Tor browser, after saving bookmarks if desired.
Or you could manually reset the flag.