[Author Prev][Author Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Author Index][Thread Index]
[tor-talk] Tor 0.3.0.5-rc: almost stable!
Tor 0.3.0.5-rc is now tagged and released. It's in still "release
candidate" status, which means we think it should be pretty stable,
but we hope you'll find more bugs for us to fix.
You can download the source code from the usual place on the website.
Packages should be out over the next several weeks, including Tor
Browser alpha releases later this month.
If you do build from source, please remember to check the signatures!
Changes in version 0.3.0.5-rc - 2017-04-05
Tor 0.3.0.5-rc fixes a few remaining bugs, large and small, in the
0.3.0 release series.
This is the second release candidate in the Tor 0.3.0 series, and has
much fewer changes than the first. If we find no new bugs or
regressions here, the first stable 0.3.0 release will be nearly
identical to it.
o Major bugfixes (crash, directory connections):
- Fix a rare crash when sending a begin cell on a circuit whose
linked directory connection had already been closed. Fixes bug
21576; bugfix on 0.2.9.3-alpha. Reported by Alec Muffett.
o Major bugfixes (guard selection):
- Fix a guard selection bug where Tor would refuse to bootstrap in
some cases if the user swapped a bridge for another bridge in
their configuration file. Fixes bug 21771; bugfix on 0.3.0.1-alpha.
Reported by "torvlnt33r".
o Minor features (geoip):
- Update geoip and geoip6 to the March 7 2017 Maxmind GeoLite2
o Minor bugfix (compilation):
- Fix a warning when compiling hs_service.c. Previously, it had no
exported symbols when compiled for libor.a, resulting in a
compilation warning from clang. Fixes bug 21825; bugfix
o Minor bugfixes (hidden services):
- Make hidden services check for failed intro point connections,
even when they have exceeded their intro point creation limit.
Fixes bug 21596; bugfix on 0.2.7.2-alpha. Reported by Alec Muffett.
- Make hidden services with 8 to 10 introduction points check for
failed circuits immediately after startup. Previously, they would
wait for 5 minutes before performing their first checks. Fixes bug
21594; bugfix on 0.2.3.9-alpha. Reported by Alec Muffett.
o Minor bugfixes (memory leaks):
- Fix a memory leak when using GETCONF on a port option. Fixes bug
21682; bugfix on 0.3.0.3-alpha.
o Minor bugfixes (relay):
- Avoid a double-marked-circuit warning that could happen when we
receive DESTROY cells under heavy load. Fixes bug 20059; bugfix
o Minor bugfixes (tests):
- Run the entry_guard_parse_from_state_full() test with the time set
to a specific date. (The guard state that this test was parsing
contained guards that had expired since the test was first
written.) Fixes bug 21799; bugfix on 0.3.0.1-alpha.
- Update the description of the directory server options in the
manual page, to clarify that a relay no longer needs to set
DirPort in order to be a directory cache. Closes ticket 21720.
tor-talk mailing list - tor-talk@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
To unsubscribe or change other settings go to