Re: [tor-talk] Problem with TOR-browser on iMac

Beach and Yoga Lover:
> Hi,
>

> I have a new iMac and downloaded the TOR-browser without problems.
>
> But when I try to establish a connection with the Web I get the following message:
>

> CANNOT FIND THE PROXYSERVER
>

> FIREFOX HAS BEEN CONFIGURED FOR USING A PROXYSERVER WHICH CAN NOT BEEN FOUND
>
> CHECK YOUR PROXY CONFIGURATION
>
> CHECK YOUR NETWORK =  IS OK!
>
> IF YOUR COMPUTER OR NETWORK IS BEING PROTECTED BY A FIREWALL OR PROXY, BE SURE TO ALLOW THE TOR BROWSER ADMITTANCE TO THE WEB

If Tor Browser complains that "Firefox" can't find the configured proxy,
that presumably means that Tor Browser can't talk to Tor.  Tor Browser
Bundle is supposed to run both Tor and Tor Browser when you run it... so
it sounds like Tor may have failed in some way.  Or perhaps a firewall
is preventing Tor Browser from connecting to Tor (which would presumably
be 127.0.0.1:9150).

I wouldn't expect this to be caused by Tor being unable to talk to the
Internet.

Cheers,
--
-Jeremy Rand