Re: [tor-talk] tor project website change

On Wed, Apr 3, 2019 at 10:47 AM grarpamp <grarpamp@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Anyhow...
>
> The last actual use case warning or disclaimer on torproject.org
> was removed by or on October 10 2010. Some historical bisects..
>
> Site v1
> first, domain 1998-01-29
> http://web.archive.org/web/19981212031609/http://www.onion-router.net/
>
> same content actually to "circa" 2006
> http://web.archive.org/web/20061023145713/http://www.onion-router.net/
>
> http://web.archive.org/web/20130120133213/http://www.onion-router.net/
> except for the gov diff
> http://web.archive.org/web/20130420093515/http://www.onion-router.net/
>
> curr
> http://web.archive.org/web/20190228035625/http://www.onion-router.net/
>
> Site v2
> first, domain 2006-10-17
> http://web.archive.org/web/20071011223019/http://www.torproject.org/
> last
> http://web.archive.org/web/20101003133226/http://www.torproject.org/
>
> Site v3
> first
> http://web.archive.org/web/20101010191937/http://www.torproject.org/
> last
> http://web.archive.org/web/20190326100059/https://www.torproject.org/
>
> Site v4
> first
> http://web.archive.org/web/20190327033924/https://www.torproject.org/

Thanks for these links!

Amazing how much better the initial v1 site looks compared to the
later versions. Web 2.0 and 3.0 was really a step back in usability
from the actual *WEB* of hyperlinks.

Today every website looks like an advertisement meant to be viewed in
the couch on your iPad, carefully planned so that you have to scroll
through the content. Gotta get those "user engagement" advertisement
revenue statistics. Too bad it has spread to a lot of open source
projects. I have a difficult time trusting the sincerity of a project
that needs to overwhelm me with catchy slogans the first thing they
do, without even linking to the details.