Re: Using Tor signals on Win32 NT (eg. pseudo-signals)?

These scripts are free in the Microsoft world, too. There are many repositories of free scripts--just google. As for signaling being native to Unix for 30 years, that's like saying WM_CLOSE has been native on Windows since 1992. Why doesn't Unix support WM_CLOSE?

In other words, why would you expect Windows support a Unix-specific instruction. Windows is not Unix and never claimed to be. Do you expect VMS and other operating systems to support Unix instructions?

----- Original Message ----
From: Kalevi Nyman <kan@xxxxxxxx>
To: or-talk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Sent: Thursday, August 3, 2006 2:53:04 AM
Subject: Re: Using Tor signals on Win32 NT (eg. pseudo-signals)?

In the open source world these scripts are free for all.

Besides that, signals are working natively on Linux since 12 years
and in Unix since 30 years!

One can choose _javascript_, PERL, Python, PHP, Ruby and
many more. A visit to Sourceforge will reveal the Awful truth!
(http://sourceforge.net/docs/about)

Once a Micro Softhead too.
---