From: owner-or-talk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx [mailto:owner-or-talk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx]
On Behalf Of BlueStar88
Sent: 31 August 2006 22:43
To: or-talk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: Could i use tor to login Paypal?

Fabian Keil schrieb:
> A month ago PayPal took my account hostage because they fantasised to
> have reason to believe a third person had access to it.
>
> There were no unauthorised transactions, therefore I'm sure it's a
> false alarm.
>
> Of course they didn't tell me their reason, but I assume it's a stupid

> one. I wouldn't be surprised if it was because a change of exit nodes
> while I was logged in.
>
> Fabian

My business paypal account is locked to reduced functionality too
directly after loggin in via tor. Now i have to bring additional papers
to proof identity again.

I think they're checking the source ip against the registered home
country. So if i call from Australia (i.e. Exit Node), but i'm
registered to be living in France, they do like this. On one hand a cool
security thing, on the other hand a bad side effect of tor...

Currently i stuck at reduced paypal account.

(There were no transactions in this time)

Greets

Manuel