Re: Proposal of a new hidden wiki

On 8/8/07, Ringo Kamens <2600denver@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> I like the distributed private key idea. Each wiki copy would have a
> separate email address so that if one server got compromised, the
> operators could be informed and change the private key. My question
> is: what would determine which server got chosen?
> Comrade Ringo Kamens

I think that if two or more hidden services used the same private key,
thus the same .onion hostname, the master servers would always point
to the latest updated. It's like a dynamic IP hostname service, like
no-ip.org. Maybe one of us could deploy a test like this:

- person A hosts a html site saying: this is host A
- person B hosts a html site saying: this is host B

but persons A & B use the same private key. Then, they could, just to
equal host usage, schedule tor restarts each 2 hours. So, in even
hours host A would respond, and in pair hours host B would respond.
And this, automatically.

If it works, then both hosts should syncronize their content, and tho
this I would suggest some scripttable rsync or unison approach.

Was I clear? Sorry for my poor english.

--
Eduardo Costa Lisboa