Re: Warning to NoReply.org DEB Package Users

* on the Fri, Aug 10, 2007 at 04:12:21PM -0400, Ringo Kamens wrote:

> As you know, a major security vulnerability was just patched with the
> 0.1.2.16 release. I have been using the noreply.org deb packages but
> they didn't update to the newest version (at least not under amd64
> feisty). If you are in my situation you can compile from source or
> disable your controlport and wait out the storm until a new version is
> released. Is the package maintainer busy or..?
> Comrade Ringo Kamens

I've been using the noreply 0.1.2.16 release since it came out 9 days
ago...

root@clayman:~# grep noreply /etc/apt/sources.list
deb     http://mirror.noreply.org/pub/tor etch main
deb-src http://mirror.noreply.org/pub/tor etch main
root@clayman:~# dpkg -l|grep ' tor '
ii  tor                             0.1.2.16-1~~etch.1
anonymizing overlay network for TCP
root@clayman:~#

The amd64 Feisty version came out at the same time:

http://mirror.noreply.org/pub/tor/pool/feisty/tor_0.1.2.16-1~feisty.1_amd64.deb

Mike