[Author Prev][Author Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Author Index][Thread Index]
Re: Privoxy usage?
- To: or-talk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
- Subject: Re: Privoxy usage?
- From: coderman <coderman@xxxxxxxxx>
- Date: Thu, 16 Aug 2007 06:34:08 -0700
- Delivered-to: archiver@xxxxxxxx
- Delivered-to: or-talk-outgoing@xxxxxxxx
- Delivered-to: or-talk@xxxxxxxx
- Delivery-date: Thu, 16 Aug 2007 09:34:18 -0400
- Dkim-signature: a=rsa-sha1; c=relaxed/relaxed; d=gmail.com; s=beta; h=domainkey-signature:received:received:message-id:date:from:to:subject:in-reply-to:mime-version:content-type:content-transfer-encoding:content-disposition:references; b=dSpJqugjvVPelq7YroctI+c2pAuDJq+FX/I+hjGlT9Ck8GpYHKp+dbCK1eQFkazeMti7if2hLn5lsA+srTudDB55qLejjmJkV1ot04YbLIuBu6BKTHnRSHfZT1bsNBbSrJ3eaQ5hTXK7Fn6LS1ux3qWVgoVrNcXZR4Qff5rL6m0=
- Domainkey-signature: a=rsa-sha1; c=nofws; d=gmail.com; s=beta; h=received:message-id:date:from:to:subject:in-reply-to:mime-version:content-type:content-transfer-encoding:content-disposition:references; b=aRrGAiojgF5QXL72J0ox1wHwGp9ci4uHuEV6pD1pdYc2skw3JZ4cYuIb6oNt78I/luswk5W8ydQc6N49vNmRkLcMK1HnHoyes/LernA29/VnJb5Ax8CrzHps+KhIYM7gznNnMSlI5Xnpjs//1l/civCDVJfJgOKtOgqz5xuJ+IA=
- In-reply-to: <20070816131942.7267BDA82B@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
- References: <20070816131942.7267BDA82B@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
- Reply-to: or-talk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
- Sender: owner-or-talk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
On 8/16/07, nobledark@xxxxxxxxxxxx <nobledark@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> ... if you are only connecting to encrypted remote resources
> by IP address, do you need to use Privoxy?
> Scenario: VPN client-side gateway that is pushing traffic through
> Tor to a VPN server at a destination known to the VPN client by its
> IP and not by DNS.
privoxy filters visible HTTP traffic configured to pass through it.
privoxy cannot "see" into encrypted streams like the VPN you describe;
it would not be useful in that situation.
what may be useful is the transparent TCP proxy support in Tor for
ensuring the VPN connections are going through Tor. (VPN software
being difficult to SOCKS'ify so to speak)