running a new node

Hello,  I started running a tor bridged relay a few days ago.  Though I
have been monitoring it lightly and it isnt recieving much traffic.  I
have it rate limited at 600KB w/ 1200KB burts. My max connection speed
is symmetric 1500KB+. But according to my monitoring tools the bandwidth
isnt being close to utilized, 2-3 active connections @ 2-10KB.   My
question is does it take a while for the other nodes to trust/utilize my
node? or should I start digging through my torrc for a configuration
error?  I am running debian etch(4.0) and tor v0.2.0.30.

Thanks!
-a