Re: Paid performance-tor option?

> Sorry, just re-reading my post, I am partially wrong, JONDONYM (formerly
> JAP) is still running its main nodes from "compromised" countries.

You're right - but it seems they are accepting node operators from any other
country. So, maybe it pays off being in an different country and then contribute.
Instaid of lamenting you might as well earn a few bucks (possibly)

> As per privacyinternational.org (link below), Germany, once a top
> privacy rights bastion country, is deceiving progressively.
>
> http://www.privacyinternational.org/article.shtml?cmd[347]=x-347-559597

You're right - but take a look at the US ;-) do you trust code coming from a
country which is ranged at the very bottom of the privacy scale?

If you start citing these sources the only possible conclusion would be to
start using greek tor nodes as much as possible.

> It seems that they are knees-down to german law-enforcement, opening
> their nodes servers to them when required (?), probably even without
> required nor informative request, as they seem to have set up a backdoor
> system for law-enforcement.

You are right. But at least they are telling you so. While I personally do not like
the idea of using a backd00red system, think of this:
a) how many systems do you use a day which might have a backdoor *and not*
  tell you about it? (recent discovery that MS logging msn-chats, what about
   Skype, Apple software phoning back home, ...)
b) do *really* have something to hide from the german government? it seems you're
  not from germany and do not intend to get over there - so why bother?

(These questions are rethorically, so I don't expect (honest) answers to them, but feel
free to think about them)

Cheers!
   Daniel