Re: Paid performance-tor option?

> Management.
>
> When I ... [Roy: more garbage deleted] ... with it.
>
> Michael Holstein Cleveland State University

Okay, thank you for the live *demo* [keep reading], and for having volunteered.

Please put your regard here:

    Faulty Towers of Belief: Part II. Rebuilding the Road to Freedom of Reason
    Laurie A. Manwell, M.Sc.
    http://www.journalof911studies.com/volume/2007/ManwellFaultyTowersofBeliefPartII.pdf

    [Roy: HIGHLY RECOMMENDED READING ... the entire site,
    journalof911studies.com, contains highly recommended readings only]

It begins like this:

    Anyone who has common-sense will remember that the bewilderments of the
    eyes are of two kinds, and arise from two causes, either from coming out
    of the light or from going into the light, which is true of the mind's
    eye, quite as much as of the bodily eye; and he who remembers this when
    he sees anyone whose vision is perplexed and weak, will not be too ready
    to laugh; he will first ask whether that soul of man has come out of the
    brighter life, and is unable to see because unaccustomed to the dark, or
    having turned from darkness to the day is dazzled by excess of light.
    And he will count the one happy in his condition and state of being, and
    he will pity the other; or, if he have a mind to laugh at the soul which
    comes from below into the light, there will be more reason in this than in
    the laugh which greets him who returns from above out of the light into
    the den. - Plato, The Republic1

It continues like that:

    Imagine for a moment that it is you who has just been asked to re-evaluate
    some of the most basic beliefs that you hold about the world around
    you. Again, if you are reading this, it is likely that you have already
    been asked to reconsider your beliefs about the events of 9/11 and your
    perception of the world thereafter. How did you respond? How did those
    around you interpret your responses? And most importantly, how can you
    use the insights yo've gained in order to pass along to others the same
    opportunity to re-examine some of the core beliefs about the events of
    9/11? Similar questions have been asked long before September 11th 2001,
    by minds of greater depth and insight, yet we continue to be reminded of
    the necessity to ask them again and again -- to be vigilant and always
    question our beliefs - lest our beliefs enslave us to a reality that does
    not exist. Before we can ask others to re-examine their beliefs about the
    events of 9/11, we must do so first, we must lead the way by example. And
    we must do so through reason and with authenticity. ...

It introduces Plato's Allegory of the Cave ...

    Timeless Lessons from Plato's Allegory of the Cave: The War Between Faulty
    Belief and Reality

    Briefly reviewing the research on attitudes presented in Part I, we see
    that the attitudes people already have can be automatically activated by
    mere reminders of the events of 9/11, and the longer and stronger these
    attitudes are held, the more resistant they are to change. One mechanism
    of attitude change is through the experience of cognitive dissonance,
    wherein tension arising from conflicting beliefs, feelings, and actions
    compels one to resolve the inconsistency. However, when people feel that
    they are under some form of attack, including strong challenges to their
    existing beliefs and worldview, they may also engage in various defensive
    mechanisms, often in an effort to reassert a perceived loss of control.

It tells

    A brief synopsis shows Socrates giving Glaucon a description of human
    prisoners in a cave, who have been shackled since childhood and permitted
    only a very limited view of their surroundings, including various shadows
    cast on a wall, but never the men that cast them. Socrates then poses a
    series of questions to Glaucon regarding the nature of the prisoners'view
    of the world that is presented to them by their captors. Socrates points
    out that, for the prisoners, "the truth would literally be nothing but
    the shadows of the images." However, if the prisoners were to be released
    from the cave, this truth would be challenged, and this challenge could
    be observed in the various responses of the newly liberated men. Socrates
    continues with the following pivotal question: "Will he not fancy that
    the shadows which he formerly saw are truer than the objects which are
    now shown to him?" However, liberation is much more a state of mind than
    body. Thus, as the former prisoners appear to be free to accept or reject
    it, their freedom is largely based upon their ability to integrate the new
    worldview with the old. Whereas some struggle to comprehend the meaning of
    two opposing worldviews, some simply cannot. And only a few can transcend
    both and truly be free in body and mind ...

Etc. Read the 63 highly interesting--and vital--pages [63 ... references
inclusive] of this part II. And of course, read also part I, plus the other
essays, researches and documents.

/Roy Lanek

--
SSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS  habis manis sepah dibuang--after the sweet
SSSSS . s l a c k w a r e  SSSSSS  part is finished and becomes tasteless,