Re: frequent empty/closed connections

     On Mon, 03 Aug 2009 09:21:53 -0400 The Doctor <drwho@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
wrote:
>Scott Bennett wrote:
>
>> Empty server or forwarder response.
>> The connection has been closed but Privoxy didn't receive any data.
>>      Does anyone else get these, too?  I suspect that the problem may be in
>> privoxy, rather than tor, but haven't yet figured out a test for that
>> hypothesis.  Any ideas?
>
>I've been seeing this behavior off and on for a few months now, but not
>so often that I felt like tracking it down.  Generally, I just reload
>the page and everything's fine.

     Sometimes it takes several reload attempts to get it to work, though.
It also thoroughly bollixes automatically refreshed pages like the small
GOES East images I like to keep handy and updated to most recent half hour.
Any other automated accesses, such as through curl, wget, et al. are also
screwed when it happens.
     If someone has an idea of how to prove that the problem is in privoxy
and not in tor, I can try to file a bug report there.

                                  Scott Bennett, Comm. ASMELG, CFIAG