[Author Prev][Author Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Author Index][Thread Index]
Re: Torbutton for Mozilla Thunderbird
- To: or-talk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
- Subject: Re: Torbutton for Mozilla Thunderbird
- From: Flamsmark <flamsmark@xxxxxxxxx>
- Date: Sat, 8 Aug 2009 17:39:13 -0400
- Delivered-to: archiver@xxxxxxxx
- Delivered-to: or-talk-outgoing@xxxxxxxx
- Delivered-to: or-talk@xxxxxxxx
- Delivery-date: Sat, 08 Aug 2009 17:39:19 -0400
- Dkim-signature: v=1; a=rsa-sha256; c=relaxed/relaxed; d=gmail.com; s=gamma; h=domainkey-signature:mime-version:received:in-reply-to:references :date:message-id:subject:from:to:content-type; bh=nM+Zf9Qxsx4rt51/DRhJ1ldDZ5h/7ujXOnbj59rmaRU=; b=LPxFFvIxql9bKBRBF3OZHnUsSr30cDLzc6K5XUQvFXt6HMrAvSPuniMOv1ZOL14McA KqpAllxbBGjptv1dRNhgyhFMUdXZQazd0PkvZxQsDNtVFDi6YYYCfWNegeX7WKKgxvQz qQDXtrU6Q+V7w6cKTORT/+JkkwhE5J5Qo9584=
- Domainkey-signature: a=rsa-sha1; c=nofws; d=gmail.com; s=gamma; h=mime-version:in-reply-to:references:date:message-id:subject:from:to :content-type; b=gVz4QAR6qLQYoKEK4NjcS6Qk7p/LMaBi2GEIWsRBQLm8UGGWeVrDpPwlb4vaAFbisd yf01Gp5XvIymrh5uRVaWLx9SewxI8EJACIzOuBHd68z7cREdtY+SkZlgoxx1o6Od2yEp RaX/q/ewzwQn4X82Z4EsPmnHr7VA/oj5FHA6c=
- In-reply-to: <4A7DC4E2.4000402@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
- References: <4A6C276E.8090109@xxxxxxxxx> <4A7DC4E2.4000402@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
- Reply-to: or-talk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
- Sender: owner-or-talk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
This is potentially a less-than-ideal solution.
Torbutton for Friefox is carefully and specifically designed to address web-browsing privacy concerns, making the user seem to belong to the largest possible set of potential users. Simply sending Thunderbird traffic through Tor may not provide the desired level of anonymity. There are other privacy concerns with Thunderbird, for instance, it sometimes broadcasts its hostname. Moreover, there hasn't been an anonymity audit of Thunderbird like there has with Firefox. There may be other behaviours like this which completely compromise the anonymity benefits provided by Tor.
On Sat, Aug 8, 2009 at 14:33, Karsten N. <tor-admin@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
James Brown schrieb:
> How can I get the Torbutton for the Mozilla Thunderbird?
I use ProxyButton for this job. I does a proxy switch to Tor and rewrite
my IP address in the header of the mail.
Received: from [18.104.22.168] (helo=[0.0.0.0]) by name@xxxxxxxxxx