Re: Comcast throws down gauntlet to residential accounts

On Mon, Aug 10, 2009 at 2:39 PM, Scott Bennett<bennett@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
[snip]
> business-class service, but it seems unlikely to be any cheaper.  Verizon's
> residential service does not currently have a cap, but I don't know whether
> they prohibit listening on ports accessable from the Internet.

VZN's residential AUP prohibits "servers" along with a number of other
offensive prohibitions which they don't currently enforce. (For
example, you're prohibited from using your VZN broadband for anything
"sexually explicit").

As I recall the business FiOS AUP had it's own set of ridiculous
terms... but it didn't attempt to prohibit you from running "servers".