From: M <mangoblues@xxxxxxxxx>
To: or-talk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Sent: Friday, August 14, 2009 8:49:44 PM
Subject: 3 questions about how to setup TOR proxy chain

Hi,

Could someone please answer these 3 questions (or point me to a place
where I can find the answers):

1. I understand TOR uses 3 hops in its proxy chain. Is it possible to
make it use less hops (i.ex: 1 or 2) or more hops (4, 5, ...) and how
can I do this?

2. Is it possible to define the nodes to use, so that TOR will only use
these nodes in the chain and no other (i.ex: select 50 nodes, and TOR
will randomly chose 3 nodes out of these 50 and not use the 1500 other
nodes)?

3. To add on point 2 above, is it possible to "statically" select 3
nodes (i.ex 2 middle nodes + 1 exit") and only use these 3? (I know
about the anonymity problems this may create, I'd only like to know if
it is possible and how to do it).

PS: I have already searched, and could only find some answers on how to
select the exit node (.exit), but not on how to configure the proxy chain.

Thanks a lot.