[Author Prev][Author Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Author Index][Thread Index]
3 questions about how to setup TOR proxy chain
- To: or-talk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
- Subject: 3 questions about how to setup TOR proxy chain
- From: M <mangoblues@xxxxxxxxx>
- Date: Fri, 14 Aug 2009 20:49:44 +0200
- Delivered-to: archiver@xxxxxxxx
- Delivered-to: or-talk-outgoing@xxxxxxxx
- Delivered-to: or-talk@xxxxxxxx
- Delivery-date: Fri, 14 Aug 2009 14:55:30 -0400
- Dkim-signature: v=1; a=rsa-sha256; c=relaxed/relaxed; d=gmail.com; s=gamma; h=domainkey-signature:received:received:message-id:date:from :user-agent:mime-version:to:subject:content-type :content-transfer-encoding; bh=1e8Mx7pBNYbh3QJnItesUpUfdJaQPNudyOQXa/To32g=; b=l7n7Sq0xWOUeJuTUnNw3yudHih9RMYD2S3Ty5YRO94z6AulnSfYBw/4+qCCXogG/lc IoT9HjNvobtXKIYXuZdt7FH6t9RypDqEVkTsHPCma/RZ0QEx65S9Prga43xwB9hijYsP KpJA052FaBp9yIzhAlZ+2tWQZzleSSK2NTMQQ=
- Domainkey-signature: a=rsa-sha1; c=nofws; d=gmail.com; s=gamma; h=message-id:date:from:user-agent:mime-version:to:subject :content-type:content-transfer-encoding; b=kvUZHeZmNkPBZcf+6zk/Fhh7ktc5n/QzEJfOU8BE9Cb1IxxwzKmF9PuJR6Ryi0yCoC U6x71ZwhPIf9sjds8BUrISixmZAuZ2E92ZkSxs1AFdDcPI5LZ9+RGqxvbb/iNsbT6BjU lPB3pOU2OPqfA9dCiOpd2SiJqyQiDJZYAGQ5Y=
- Reply-to: or-talk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
- Sender: owner-or-talk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Could someone please answer these 3 questions (or point me to a place
where I can find the answers):
1. I understand TOR uses 3 hops in its proxy chain. Is it possible to
make it use less hops (i.ex: 1 or 2) or more hops (4, 5, ...) and how
can I do this?
2. Is it possible to define the nodes to use, so that TOR will only use
these nodes in the chain and no other (i.ex: select 50 nodes, and TOR
will randomly chose 3 nodes out of these 50 and not use the 1500 other
3. To add on point 2 above, is it possible to "statically" select 3
nodes (i.ex 2 middle nodes + 1 exit") and only use these 3? (I know
about the anonymity problems this may create, I'd only like to know if
it is possible and how to do it).
PS: I have already searched, and could only find some answers on how to
select the exit node (.exit), but not on how to configure the proxy chain.
Thanks a lot.