Re: Re: Re: My tor exit node is STILL gone from the node list

Hi Alexandru,

On 8/4/09, Alexandru Cezar <tor@xxxxx> wrote:
> Hi list, hi Lee,
>
>> > It at least shouldn't be a problem for TOR, because it has worked with
>> > that
>> > setup for months.
>> Unless you know for sure that nothing has changed on the path between
>> your server and all the directory servers you don't know if path MTU
>> discovery being broken (if it really is) is a new problem or not.
>
> I have again spoken to my ISP and they say routing is fine.

Routing could very well be just fine & PMUTD still be broken..  but it
looks like the problem is with Ecatel network announcements.  Check
this out: http://bgplay.routeviews.org/bgplay/
give it your network (89.248.169.0/24), select the last few days and
watch how the route bounces around.

I'd suggest getting a list of the directory servers and creating a
script that tries to connect to each one every 20-30 minutes.  Log the
status of each connection attempt and, assuming there's some failures,
you couldn't connect to them.  Give them specific times & IP addresses
and they might be able to fix whatever it is.

>> What all do the directory servers need to do/see before marking your
>> server as a good exit?  It'd be nice to know what they can't do that's
>> keeping your server from being marked as a good exit..
>
> I'm interested in that as well. I still cannot get it to be flagged
> 'Running' reliably.
> Would TOR logging on my side help on this? I guess not?

I have no idea, but it couldn't hurt to enable logging and see if
there's anything interesting logged.

> Appreciate any help, I'm sure you don't mind getting 4MB/s exits back. ;-)

It'd be nice if somebody could give you the status/timestamp of your
server as seen from the directory servers.  That might be enough to
help your provider figure out what the problem is.

Regards,
Lee