Re: How can I set going more one Tor daemons?

     On Sat, 15 Aug 2009 16:05:43 -0400 Ringo <2600denver@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>" I have a laptop with the Debian Lenny AMD64 and I want to start
>several Tor daemons in one moment, each for every  user."
>
>I'm not sure how to do  it for each user,  but basically you have to
>give each tor it's own torrc. So for instance, you can create
>/etc/tor/tor2 /etc/tor/tor3, etc.
>
>In the torrc make sure you change these values:
>
>DataDirectory /only/for/use/by/one/tor/instance
>
>When you launch Tor use "tor -f /torrc/location" so that it uses the
>right config. I remember there were some permissions issues but I think
>you can probably figure it out.

     Each instance will also need its own SocksPort and ControlPort.
     Running more than one sounds like a loss of some of the anonymity to
me, particularly if each user specifies different lists of nodes to be used
for various purposes.

                                  Scott Bennett, Comm. ASMELG, CFIAG