Re: Annoying loop situation

On Fri, 21 Aug 2009 22:33:07 +0100
Bob Williams <security@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> At this point, http://config.privoxy.org/ shows me I'm that privoxy
> is enabled, but if I then disable torbutton, I also lose my privoxy
> settings, and it reverts to 'No proxy.'
i had this same problem once ages ago.. To fix it I had to un-install
tor button. go into preferences and set the networking to have nothing
in the proxy settings. (not just hitting the "direct connection" but
actually blanking all the fields first) save those settings. re-install
tor button.

Hope this helps,
Freemor

Seemed to me atthe time what was happening is that TorButton seemed to
store how you proxy settings were set when it was installed.. changing
them after that wasn't picked up.. the only way to get to stored Tor
with Torbutton off settings out was to uninstall tor button so it would
pick up the blank settings on the re-install.

--
freemor@xxxxxxxxxxx
freemor@xxxxxxxxx

This e-mail has been digitally signed with GnuPG - ( http://gnupg.org/ )