Re: My relay never shows up

On Wed, Aug 11, 2010 at 8:20 AM, Praedor Atrebates <praedor@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> I am running a tor relay called "Stonekeep".  I have port forwarding set on my firewall/router and my personal system firewall permits connections to the tor ports.  I am also running Vidalia (Vidalia 0.1.15, tor 0.2.1.26).  My relay never shows up in the list of servers/relays and doesn't show up on the various tor network status pages.  Why not?  I cannot find anything amiss to render my system invisible or unusable to the network.  I have no trouble using the tor myself.
>
> praedor
> --

 How many days is your relay up and running with out going down and/or
having to reboot? I have found that if one keeps rebooting or the
relay keeps going down, it takes a while for it to be recognized.

Also I have seen where it may take several minutes for the network
status to populate before a relay shows up. The biggest issue I
personally have seen is if one can't stay on line for any length of
time, the relay probably will not show up.

I am sure there may be other reasons, but this has been my observation .