Re: Bigger Thinking [was: Tor Project 2008 Tax Return]

Curious Kid wrote:
>> And what about Microsoft?

<snip>

>> at least $20M a year. Why would they even consider doing this? To be a good
>> corporate citizen, to better protect the anonymity of their users, to do their
>> part to fight the good fight for freedom of speech, and to possibly give them a
>> chance to one-up Google for once.
>
> Possibly the fact that they are our enemies and want to end online anonymity.
>

> Microsoft Exec Calls For 'Driver's License For The Internet'
>
> http://techdirt.com/articles/20100204/1925188060.shtml

Plus, would you trust Microsoft's (binary only, no doubt) implimentation
of Tor?  I wouldn't

(Yes, I realize that even running a known, good instance of Tor on a
proprietary system can result in that instance of Tor being subverted.)

Cheers,
Jim