Re: Bigger Thinking [was: Tor Project 2008 Tax Return]

On Fri, Aug 20, 2010 at 4:28 AM, Curious Kid <letsshareinformation@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

Possibly the fact that they are our enemies and want to end online anonymity.

Microsoft Exec Calls For 'Driver's License For The Internet'

http://techdirt.com/articles/20100204/1925188060.shtml

Our enemies? That's a self-limiting attitude. Plus, can we take one employee/executive's comments to be company policy? Plus, would he be the one making this decision? Plus, what about "hold your friends close, and your enemies closer"? Plus, he is just one more of the majority view that the "bad guys" have to be stopped at any cost - and one more reason the Tor Project needs a professional PR/branding/marketing makeover to tell the good side of the Tor story.

I don't pretend to believe this would be an easy sell. Only that it shouldn't be ignored outright when there is so much upside. And maybe this is not the same old bad Micro$oft that many like to loathe.

Hell, if no one else wants to tackle this then I would be glad to on the basis of a reasonable expense account and 20% of whatever I convince them to send to the Tor Project every year in funding.

--
Julie