Re: Google and Tor.

On 8/25/2010 8:52 PM, Mike Perry wrote:
Thus spake Matthew (pumpkin@xxxxxxxxx):

  On numerous occasions when using Google with Tor (yes, I know there are
other options like Scroogle) it claims I might be sending automated queries
and gives me a CAPTCHA.  Sometimes this allows me to search; other times I
am caught in a loop and am constantly send back to the CAPTCHA screen.
This has been a known problem with Google for ages.
(snip)

Really? I've never had this problem until recently. For about 2 years now every Google CAPTCHA I've run into has been uneventful and let me through after the first try, only in the past month or so have I been getting caught in the "CAPTCHA loop".

~Justin Aplin