Re: [tor-talk] How can I get Adobe Flash working in the Tor Browser Bundle?

Nathan Suchy:
> But will Flash go through Tor? Also I'm just looking through an Internet
> Chatroom not activist work. The admin is a hacker but I don't think I'll
> need to hide my IP other than from software...

In the TBB design document
[https://www.torproject.org/projects/torbrowser/design/], the project
makes the following statements:

'Plugins have the ability to make arbitrary OS system calls and bypass
proxy settings. This includes the ability to make UDP sockets and send
arbitrary data independent of the browser proxy settings.'

[...]

'Currently, we entirely disable all plugins in Tor Browser. However, as
a compromise due to the popularity of Flash, we allow users to re-enable
Flash, and flash objects are blocked behind a click-to-play barrier that
is available only after the user has specifically enabled plugins.'

So on this basis I think the answer to your question is 'yes, Flash will
go through Tor, unless anybody tries anything with you'. You will be
secure absent an attacker, as they say.