Re: [tor-talk] Flattor: A practical crowdfunded Flattr-like incentive scheme for Tor relays

Adrelanos said:

> Overall I like the idea, since it forces no one to participate. Nodes
> not interested in getting bitcoin donations, just don't get any.
>
> What about bridges? Any way to reward them as well?
>
> George Kadianakis:
> > As a simplified example, if the Tor network has 4 relays with
> > bandwidth contribution 0.05, 0.05, 0.3 and 0.6 respectively, and the
> > user is willing to spend 1 bitcoin, Flattor will send 0.05, 0.05, 0.3
> > and 0.6 bitcoins to each relay operator respectively.
>
> Who or what verifies that they really severed the bandwidth they
> advertised? Couldn't evil nodes just claim to have served 100x more traffic?

FWIW the idea was that you use the relay bandwidth weights (included
in the consensus) to get the overall contribution of each relay.

The bandwidth weights are calculated by the bandwidth authorities (and
the security of the Tor network depends on them).