Re: [tor-talk] Exit bridges / Tor VPN terminals

23.08.2013 03:22, Andrew Lewman:
> On Thu, 22 Aug 2013 20:20:52 -0400
> grarpamp <grarpamp@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>
>>> There are no official "exit bridges" provided as part of Tor
>>> network. However you could setup your traffic to go through Tor to
>>> a regular VPN or proxy service and then exit to the destination you
>>> want.
>>
>> - This exit bridges is interesting idea.
>
> I know of a few orgs which run an exit relay, but set
> "PublishServerDescriptor 0" option so only their social graph knows of
> the exit relay. I forget how they force their exit relay when they need
> it, but I've seen it work and the orgs are happy with their solution.

How is it possible to use a publicly unknown exit, which should have no
exit flag, not appear in the consensus and therefore should not be used
by unmodified clients?

(I'm assuming that a client would only use exits if they are exits in
the consensus.)

Well, a bridge with an exit-policy won't be used as exit, even if
SingleHop is allowed. Or am I wrong?

(I remember that this is the case, since a bridge would see what a
client uses Tor for and is not bound by the Guard implementation)

Regards,
Sebastian G.