Re: [tor-talk] block Skype in torrc

> hello i would like to use Skype from my Tor exit node (which is running
> Linux) but, for whatever reason, the powers that be at Skype have banned
> my IP address.  i would therefore like to know how to block access to
> Skype in my torrc, so i can resume using Skype.

> i've blocked all of these in my torrc and still my
> IP address eventually gets banned.

>  netstat --inet -acenp | grep ESTAB | grep skype

The linux packet filter should be able to log traffic by user
or application pid/name. Or you can isolate your use
some other way and use tcpdump or wireshark.

You said that in effect, whatever system you're using skype
from... is using, or is behind, the ip of an exit node you
run. And that skype blocks your ip (tor nodes). So there's nothing
you can do but find another ip to run one of the two from since
a service like skype is more likely to block from geoip a1 or
tor consensus than counting users it sees multiplexing to it over
your ip as ways to tell an ip is a tor node to block.

You also said 'eventually' which may mean your ip is
dynamic, or you're running skype behind a tor client
and are experiencing normal roving at the end of your
three hop tunnel.

Skype may be prevalent, but it is now proven untrustworthy
in regards to content monitoring.
Consider using a replacement such as jitsi and helping
all your correspondents add it as well.
https://prism-break.org/