Re: [tor-talk] Tor and Financial Transparency

On Wed, 28 Aug 2013 10:18:31 -0700
BM-2D9WhbG2VeKsLCsGBTPLGwDLQyPizSqS85@xxxxxxxxxxxxx wrote:

> Despite this transparency on Tor's own website, Tor's "Sponsors" page
> at https://www.torproject.org/about/sponsors.html.en currently lists
> its largest donor as "an anonymous NGO."
>
> Isn't SRI "an anonymous North American NGO" only in the sense that
> Halliburton or Lockheed Martin could be considered a North American
> NGO?

For the record, I haven't updated the sponsors page for 2012 yet. On my
todo list.

Second, "an anonymous North American NGO" isn't SRI, it's someone else
we can't list due to contract legalities. The smart investigator will
figure it out.

In all cases, the financial statements and filed forms are the
canonical source for information. They're filed with various US and
Swedish Government agencies and are legally binding.

The website sponsor page is trying to distill 50+ pages of dense forms
for the lay person.

In the future, opening a ticket, https://bugs.torproject.org, is a fine
way to raise the issue as well. Bonus if it comes with a patch.

--
Andrew
http://tpo.is/contact