Re: [tor-talk] Isn't it time to ADMIT that Tor is cracked by now??

On Mon, 26 Aug 2013 17:48:57 -0300
Juan Garofalo <juan.g71@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

>         Yeah. I find it kind of odd that no one here is saying
> anything about freedom hosting. I saw some discussion in Roger
> Dingledine's blog, but it was just one post (plus hundred of
> comments), but a blog isn't the best medium for discussion, it seems.

Because, we don't have any more data as to what happened to FH. We, as
the public, still have no idea who is responsible for the FH takedown.

What we, as Tor, know is on our blog. There are lots of rumors out
there but zero source information as far as I can tell. Feel free to
point me at first person interviews about FH and who injected
javascript and then took it down.

If I were a betting man, I'd bet an exploit in the php or apache
software which ran on FH before I look at cracking hidden services
themselves. I believe Roger basically said this in his response about
the Dutch police cracking sites in the past.

--
Andrew
http://tpo.is/contact