[tor-talk] Default clients to be non-exit relay LibTech x

> Every client has to download the full list of relays ("consensus")
> periodically. In areas with little connectivity, this already puts a
> high burden on clients.

Griffin pointed out Tor could download only a portion of relays.

> It is very hard for Tor clients to determine which relays to use. If you
> have many low bandwidth relays, you need a good way to determine if a
> relay is currently "available", or already in use.

Now when I manually choose serve as a relay, Tor automatically determines
my bandwidth option(>1.5M).  Tor can default to relay for large bandwidth
users only. To implement it gradually, you can even do it country by
country and observe the gradual change and modify accordingly.

Lastly, a bit off topic

>  In over 10 years of development and thinking going into Tor, do you think
> you're the first to come up with this idea? Nobody is stopping

I'm often shocked why anyone didn't  come up with some specific thought on
some classic problems puzzling human over centuries in the field of math
and physics. The thing is, they just didn't and I did c

--
Percy Alpha(PGP <https://en.greatfire.org/contact#alt>)
GreatFire.org Team