Re: [tor-talk] Tor and Financial Transparency

On Thu, Aug 29, 2013 at 12:46 PM, Juan Garofalo <juan.g71@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> https://blog.torproject.org/blog/transparency-openness-and-our-2012-financial-docs
> >
> >And to address the next question, the parts of the US and Swedish
> >Governments that fund us through contracts want to see strong privacy
> >and anonymity exist on the Internet in the future. Don't assume that
> >"the government" is one coherent entity with one mindset.
>

>         You seriously think people are going to believe that?  I mean the
> bit
>
>         "parts of the US and Swedish Governments...want to see strong
> privacy
> and anonymity exist on the Internet"

For say.. the CIA running a stringer out of china? its certainly cheaper
and more deniable than having them report to an embassy every couple of
months. for a deep cover agent in an allied country or a sleeper in a drug
cartel? you bet your best pair of running shoes that its part of the
operation security.