Re: [tor-talk] Three questions

On 2014-08-09 08:24, Lunar wrote:

ml@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx:

1. when running a service as a hidden service, for example a web server, the client IP address is always 127.0.0.1. Is there a way to have some more 'unique' information about the visitor, in order to mitigate a DDOS attack ?

See "Client identification in hidden service applications" in the April
2nd 2014 issue of Tor Weekly News:
https://lists.torproject.org/pipermail/tor-news/2014-April/000039.html [1]

I don't remember seeing any progress toward merging a patch answering
Nick's comments.

Links:
------
[1] https://lists.torproject.org/pipermail/tor-news/2014-April/000039.html

Thanks Lunar and grarpamp for your time and feedback.

Thanks for the link, also (re)read this one: https://blog.torproject.org/blog/hidden-services-need-some-love
and wonder how still actual it is.

About connecting to an ssh server with keys, just a little doubt: if I connect to all my servers without changing my ssh private and public keys (so without deleting '/etc/ssh' and re-creating the keys every time), would an attacker be able to observe that the same client (my pc) is connecting to those different servers ? In short .. can my ssh client be tracker / fingerprinted if I use always the same public and private keys ?

Thank you very much for supporting and for your wisdom!!
RuggedInbox team