Re: [tor-talk] Copyright troll trying to shake down a Pirate Party member

Hi,

On 29.08.2014 16:44, Sebastian Mäki wrote:
> Here's a short summary:
>
> I got a nasty letter in the mail. I was being demanded 600 euros for
> alleged copyright infringement. I operate a TOR exit node and an open
> wireless network. I'm also an active member of the Pirate Party and
> have been a municipal election candidate in Turku, Finland.
>
> Someone had been downloading a torrent "This Ain't Game Of Thrones
> XXX" via TOR or my wireless network. The law firm Hedman Partners, who
> represent Hustler in Finland seemed to have made the assumption that
> it's ok hustle some money from me based on the IP-address alone.
>
> Here's the whole thing:
> http://semantics.sebastianmaki.fi/2014/08/an-open-letter-is-copyright-trolling.html
>
> Live long and prosper,
> Your friendly neighbourhood torrorist,
> Sebastian Mäki,

Thank you for this information and the English translation of the letter.

These blackmail cases are disgusting. "Pay or we will make your case
public and sue you."

Thanks for running an exit node. Keep us up to date!

Greetings,
Juha