[tor-talk] Call for support / help-desk volunteers

Hi everyone,

The Tor Project has run a help-desk for the last few years that users can
contact when they require assistance with Tor. Recently, we have determined
that we are in need of a few new volunteers to assist with the running of
this help-desk. Here is what we are looking for:

1. People who feel comfortable using the Tor Browser / little-t-tor, and
answering questions about their usage
2. People who would like to volunteer on an on-going basis to assist users
3. People who know how, or are willing to learn how to use GnuPG
4. People who are active in the Tor community

If the 4 points above describe you, please send me an email including your
PGP fingerprint and I will get back to you by the end of the week. Please
be sure to email me directly, rather than responding to the list this was
posted on.

You will be working with users to solve issues with various Tor products.
Users contacting the help-desk are not always technically minded, so being
able to explain solutions in clear and simple English is important. For
further details on the job, please see
https://trac.torproject.org/projects/tor/wiki/doc/support/Introduction.

Note: If we happen to receive a large number of emails from potential
volunteers, please be aware that not everyone may be selected initially.
The goal is to get a few volunteers up to speed quickly, so we can reopen
the help-desk as quickly as possible. Anyone who is not included in these
initial volunteers will be followed up with at a later time.

Thanks, and I look forward to working with you!