Re: [tor-talk] Am I successfully using Torsocks, SSH, and a VPS? Please advise, thanks!

> I do not know if the same issue of identity linkability can
arise with a VPN service.

Depends on a few things including whether the account can be linked to you
in some way. Also depends on whether the service keeps logs, and there's no
way to tell whether claims they don't are true.

Over time, I'd imagine always using the same endpoint (on services that let
you choose) probably does you some harm too, especially if there's anything
(like unusualish user-agent strings) that act as an otherwise weak
identifier, with that being accelerated if you often log into google,
facebook or anyone else with an interest in tracking you across the net