Re: [tor-talk] ProxAllium - A Tor frontend for Windows

Hi Mirimir,

Your concerns are valid, and I agree with them. But the main goal of ProxAllium
is to enable the user to use Tor with normal applications, support for relays is
planned but it is not included in the current version. The next major release
will be re-written in C and it will be cross-platform, so users could use it on
Linux to run relays :)

I know some people who also intend to run relays on Windows, but I do not plan
to explicitly discourage them from doing so. I believe they would (or should) be
aware of what they are getting into before hosting a relay, so I leave that up
to them and only provide tools to make that happen.

In short, ProxAllium does not address these concerns, as it falls out-of-scope
of its goal. It is only a frontend to Tor, so if Tor can do it, ProxAllium will
most likely not stop it from doing so. That is my train of thought.

I believe it is all about the chain of trust that the user has. Do let me know
if you have any ideas which can improve these concerns without being too
restrictive arbitrarily, some resistance with warning messages in the GUI should
be enough I think.

With Regards, Damon H. (TheDcoder)