Re: [declan@well.com: [Politech] E.U. Parliament votes to force "data retention" on telecom, Net firms [priv]]

Correct me if I'm mistaken, but I believe the laws do not require
holding onto the content of the call/data, just the routing information
or phone numbers. If so, it's interesting to note that that's exactly
what Tor is for - defeating _traffic_ analysis.

It will be interesting to see how Europe's reaction to
radicalism/terrorism compares with the US's. Hopefully, it doesn't turn
into politicians flinging poo and "soft on terrorism" charges at each
other.

nile