[bneijt@gmail.com: [p2p-hackers] Google releases something P2P]

----- Forwarded message from Bram Neijt <bneijt@xxxxxxxxx> -----

From: Bram Neijt <bneijt@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 16 Dec 2005 12:33:40 +0100
To: "Peer-to-peer development." <p2p-hackers@xxxxxxx>
Subject: [p2p-hackers] Google releases something P2P

Hi.

I havn't been able to take a good look at the system yet, but Google
has released LibJingle (Google Talk library) which contains a P2P
implementation. I don't think it's a "collaborate" implementation,
like Skype, but it might be intresting code for people wanting to do
firewall and NAT transversal:

[The P2P component] "Negotiates, establishes, and maintains
peer-to-peer connections through almost any network configuration
regardless of NAT devices and firewalls. The p2p component understands
the Jingle spec to initiate the session and then provides a
sockets-like interface for sending and receiving data that is used by
the session component to add functionality."

More on that, here: http://code.google.com/apis/talk/about.html

(probably my last post before Christmas, so)
Happy christmas and hacking everyone!
  Bram Neijt