Re: recent tor stream timeout errors...

Eugen Leitl wrote:

On Thu, Dec 22, 2005 at 07:08:54AM -0500, Void Beast wrote:

Um, are you really running P2P clients on the current Tor network?

So THATs where all the bandwidth has gone. Well there's one mystery solved...

We know that people have been running P2P on Tor (I have complaints from copyright holders forwarded from my hoster). I was surprised to actually see one of the guilty parties on this list.

Just in case this wasn't clear: the current Tor network is
loaded as it is. P2P operators: please do not use it, and tell other
P2P operators not to.

Heh, I was trying to be facetious... :)
But yeah, it is painfully slow without having torrent swarms milling about in the tor network as well...
Of course, I honestly don't know how you could use tor for bittorrent... the xfer speed must be abysmal! Eww.

If you must proxy your P2P connections, try the aliveproxy list http://www.aliveproxy.com/