Re: storage privacy (was: Nice quiet, private, anonymous life??)

By "full disk encryption" I guess your talking about access via a pass
phrase.

Judge: "Ok you are to be held in contempt and in jail xyz, until such
time as you give us the pass phrase to your data"

Most data overwrite programs take too long-you do not have that time
when they are knocking down your door.

A strong magnetic field close to the hard drive will completely destroy
the data making it impossible to recover. I will also probably fuckup
the drive mechanism, rendering the drive useless. Someone said consumer
demagnetizers were not sufficently strong? How do you know this?

I have not run a tor server, so I do not know the exact requirements.
Can it be done from a ram drive?

Explosives and incendiaries are a poor choice for obvious reasons. Want
to add arson and terrorism to your charges?

I am not saying magnetism is the only way or even the best way, but a
way, assuming you have recent backups at an undisclosed, secure
location.

On Sun, 02 Dec 2007 17:54:40 -0800, "F. Fox" <kitsune.or@xxxxxxxxx>
said:
--