Re: Help with directory mirror

On Wed, Dec 05, 2007 at 01:28:45PM -0600, Eric C wrote:
> What I am trying to do is be able to set up circuits with both the "real"
> Tor nodes and my own Tor nodes being part of the circuit. However, I would
> like to keep my Tor ORs private so that they don't appear in the directory
> servers for anybody else to use, because they are just being used as part of
> a test.

Ah. Right now Tor only supports having one "main" networkstatus when
it's building circuits for itself. If a router isn't listed (and listed
as Running) in the main networkstatus, then it won't want to use it for
a circuit.

Probably the best way to merge Tor networks for now is to POSTDESCRIPTOR
the "private" descriptors via the control port interface, and then use
EXTENDCIRCUIT to tell Tor what path you want it to build. You would have
to get the descriptors to the controller somehow, for example by rigging
a simple directory system of your own.

This approach may have bugs now though, since it hasn't been used in
a few years (since Blossom was active) and we've been mucking with all
sorts of things since then. Patches appreciated. :)

Hope that helps,
--Roger