tor-community-approved free pop/imap/smtp mail

i think i remember seeing this discussion not long ago but, if i remember correctly, it went off on some tangent and there were no results!

what we are looking for: free mail which offers pop/imap/smtp access, approved by the tor community.  what does that mean?  i think we have consensus that the whole system should preserve anonymity, but i'll make clear some of my requirements:

- sign-up page does not require unneeded information
- sign-up page & web interface do not require javascript
- sign-up page & web interface uses ssl

so far, google mail meets these requirements but we all know about their privacy policy! so:

- sane privacy policy

i found safe-mail.net, which is the best i can find in my (extremely) limited search, but still: not free smtp, and no mention of data retention policy.  i would consider paying for an account for not-so-anonymous usage, just to get smtp access.  would someone object to that?

so, also:

- clear data retention policy
- prefer no advertisements inserted into outgoing mails
- other items of concern to the tor community

anything like that exist?  are we really that picky?

thanks.