Re: tor-community-approved free pop/imap/smtp mail

Hi,

> what we are looking for: free mail which offers pop/imap/smtp access,
> approved by the tor community.  what does that mean?  i think we have
> consensus that the whole system should preserve anonymity, but i'll make
> clear some of my requirements:

Not Tor related, but you can use I2P <http://www.i2p.net/> together with Postman
HQs mail service <http://hq.postman.i2p/>. I2P provides a local pop3 and smtp
I2P tunnel ("proxy") to Postman HQ. Over I2P at Postman HQ you can signup for
pop3/smtp mailboxes for free, you just need a pseudonym and a 12-character
(a-ZA-Z0-9) passwort and trust in Postman HQ (use GnuPG too) ;)
You can use yout mailbox with your mail client or with a webinterface, called
"susimail" <http://susi.i2p/>. They are using two mail exchangers to forward
mails out of I2P to and into I2P from the Internet, so you have an internal mail
address pseudonym@xxxxxxxx for direct and unlimited mails inside the I2P network
and an external mail address pseudonym@xxxxxxxxxxxx Sending mails out of I2P is
limited to 20 mails per day, but you can use more for a 24h period with a
hashcash token.

P.S.: I'm not affilited to I2P or Postman HQ, but i'm using I2P besides JonDo
and Tor (as client and middleman node).

--
Ciao
Kai

http://kairaven.de/
Info: Ab 11.12.07 neuer GPG Unterschlüssel 0xF315EB31
Schlüssel 0xD6E995A0 bitte per Keyserver oder HP
aktualisieren.