j0ryeqmd

when using IRC over Tor, very often my ident is munged into that string.  once is understandable.  the peculiar part is how, if i change Tor circuits (exit node also) and reconnect, i'm connected with that same ident.  it's not constrained to just one IRC network either: it appears to happen across various networks.  anyone else noticing this?

what is even more peculiar to me is that this has still happened (at least once) even when i first connect to an IRC bouncer via SSL connection (using Tor) and then initiate an insecure connection to an IRC network through the bouncer.  the connection between the bouncer and the IRC network is not through Tor, just the connection between me and the bouncer and that is via SSL anyway.....